Marketing & Public Relations Manager
Department: Marketing & Communications
Reports To: Director, Sales & Marketing
FLSA Status: Exempt
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty and/or responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
The Omaha Symphony is looking for a creative, persuasive, and energetic Marketing Manager to join our Marketing Department. The Marketing Manager will oversee our organic communication initiatives and all public relations activities that lead to audience growth. This position secures maximum coverage for the organization through both press coverage and social media. This position must also create partnerships with third parties and media sources for promotions to bolster the excitement for the season's concerts and any other events as directed. This individual will support the team on growing a wide-ranging audience and the organization’s profile through inclusive marketing campaigns.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Manage our digital profile – This includes creating and managing a social media calendar, overseeing our overall social media presence, and content on our website.
- Create and curate engaging, clickable, shareable social media content through superior writing, utilizing video, photography, and other assets generated by colleagues, contractors, and guest artists.
- Run regular social promotions and campaigns and track their success.
- Conceptualize, design and distribute organizational emails for multiple departments.
- Explore new ways to engage our patrons, donors, volunteers, and potential buyers.
- Monitor, listen, and promptly respond to social media users.
- Develop a calendar of relevant internal and external topics and events to help shape social media and email strategies.
- Document concerts and events via photos/video and edit material to share with patrons online.
- Design triggered/automatic marketing initiatives based on patron behavior, such as pre-/post-concert communications, abandoned cart email campaigns, and others as deemed necessary and appropriate.
- Create segmentation using Tessitura and ensure proper lists are generated to ensure successful coordination with other direct marketing practices in place.
- Refresh and upgrade email templates using graphics, personalization and, advanced features/optimization tools.
- Measure results and analyze response to engagement initiatives utilizing our email system, Tessitura, and social media channels, to ensure that engagement activities are performing to expectations or being optimized to do so.
- Meet with staff and musicians to determine story ideas for upcoming events.
- Work with media outlets and third parties to develop promotions.
- Create and distribute press releases to communicate key messages about concerts, fundraising, and community/education events to relevant mediums.
- Obtain and organize concert publicity materials.
- Create and implement the organizational communications strategy within budget.
- Seek out and set up interviews for conductors, guest artists, and musicians.
- Research media, influencer and co-brand opportunities/outlets; build relationships with contacts and maintains the company’s contact list.
- Monitor media and online mentions; organize press and social clippings.
- Develop and share public relations and social media reports.
- Proofread marketing collateral and other material.
- Participate in the evening and/or weekend concert duty rotation.
- Coordinate and tracks all ticket giveaways.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Proven experience in marketing, building brands on social media and press.
- Advanced knowledge of multiple social media channels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and confidence in a creative environment
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of media resources and contacts.
- Skilled in photography and graphic design. Have some experience in graphic design using Adobe products or equivalent.
- Ability to make administrative decisions on unique exceptions or situations.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- A strong visual flair and thorough attention to detail.
- The ability to work creatively and collaboratively within small teams.
Preferred Candidate Profile:
- Passion for promoting the Omaha Symphony, orchestral music, and the arts.
- A strong, creative, and quick writer who excels at delivering impactful and consistent messaging.
- Works to build relationships with media, patrons and other vendors.
- Self-starter and quick, independent thinker.
- Dependable and driven to be successful.
- Can manage multiple complex projects at one time.
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing. Journalism/Communications, Public/Media Relations or related field.
- Two years experience in marketing related activities.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, Certifications:
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Required to sit for extended periods of time.
- Requires the ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate
General Office Equipment (Computer, Telephone, Fax, Copier, Printer).
- If you are interested in this position, please apply on the Omaha Symphony's careers page: https://www.indeedjobs.com/omaha-symphony-f02fc06
Position Open until filled.
Salary Range: $40,000