Institutional Giving & Special Events Manager
The Institutional Giving & Special Events Manager contributes to the success of the Omaha Symphony by implementing the foundation, government and corporate giving programs. Reporting to the Director of Development, the Institutional Giving & Special Events Manager will also provide support for all special events, including the annual gala.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the annual grants calendar, write grant proposals, facilitate regular outreach to funders and submit reports to successfully reach foundation and government grant goals.
- Research, identify and cultivate new funding opportunities from institutions.
- Create sponsorship presentations and proposals tailored to each company’s unique interests.
- Manage fulfillment of corporate sponsor benefits and ensure sponsor recognition requirements are fulfilled.
- Provide support and logistics for gala and other special events.
- Manage the donation acknowledgement process for institutional and special event gifts including writing personalized letters and pledge reminders.
- Enter gifts and track all interactions and development notes/plans in Tessitura database
- Provides staffing support in donor lounge.
- Serve as the liaison to the Council Bluffs Guild of the Omaha Symphony.
Experience and Qualifications
- Consistent track record of success in generating contributed income annually from foundations, and corporations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively with board, staff, musicians, community leaders, and volunteers.
- Ability to speak and write persuasively about the mission, programs, and contributed income needs of the Omaha Symphony.
- Must have strong planning, and organizational skills.
- Must be an enthusiastic fundraiser with a deep respect for philanthropy.
- High personal integrity and ethical standards.
- Flexible, adaptable, and energetic.
- Experience working with the philanthropic community in Omaha and/or the Midwest preferred.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, Certifications
- Experience in design and implementation of annual fund campaigns, collateral material and special events.
- Experience with grant writing