Director of Sales & Marketing
The Director of Sales & Marketing is responsible for managing and implementing integrated marketing campaigns with special focus on digital marketing channels, implementing strategies to effectively reach subscription and single ticket sales targets. This position will be responsible for creating compelling and consistent narratives that shape public perception and drive our engagement outcomes. A creative thinker who is experienced with complex project management, motivated by data and analytics, and committed to the arts will be an especially good fit for this team.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- In conjunction with Vice President of Marketing, develop and execute subscription and single ticket plans for the season.
- Assist in planning for all Marketing department activities, including season look and design, in collaboration with the artistic planning team.
- Oversee the architecture, design, placement and purpose of all paid advertising, direct mail, broadcast, and media advertising for all Omaha Symphony programs.
- Track overall metrics and KPIs for sales activity.
- Monitors sales and expenses to assess income goals and generate weekly status reports.
- Communicates and works collaboratively with other departments to establish the best possible experience for each patron.
- Utilize marketing analytics available in CRM software.
- Write and edit new content for pages throughout the site and ensure effectiveness of provided content.
- Work with website’s Content Management System (CMS) to manage website content and make regular updates to dynamic, Tessitura-connected points of the websites including event pages, donation pages, membership pages, pre-sale and on-sale messaging and functions, and more.
- Manage all Group Sales activity from cultivation to renewal. This includes processing, invoicing and fulfilment.
- Supervises Art Director and the creation of multi-platform content.
Experience and Qualifications
- Proven successful development and execution of single ticket and subscription advertising campaigns management.
- Must be dynamic, creative, energetic, flexible, and reliable.
- Must enjoy working in a fast-paced team environment.
- Must frequently engage and communicate with people.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to independently organize and prioritize projects, as well as meet deadlines.
- Ability to work well diverse constituency groups (musicians, staff, patrons, and vendors)
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, Certifications
- Knowledge of database/marketing analysis procedures. Tessitura experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
- Working knowledge and passion for varied musical forms (including classical music) a plus.
- Basic Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- Management: 3 years (Required)
- Marketing: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)
Please send a resume & cover letter to:
Omaha Performing Arts Employee Relations Specialist firstname.lastname@example.org